Stock Trends symbols and indicator values are used to quickly and visually communicate the results of our moving average trend analysis.
BULLISH Price Trends
Bullish Crossover (aka ‘Newly Bullish')
· The stock’s Trend Category has changed from BEARISH to BULLISH. The 13-week MA, which was below the 40-week MA a week previous, has now moved above it. A stock in this sub-category is in the 1st week of its new BULLISH Trend Category.
· Trading implications: often considered a good trade entry signal.
Bullish (aka ‘Strong Bullish’)
· The closing price is above the lower limit of the 13-week MA envelope (i.e. greater than 13-week moving average price - 3%). This indicates that the short-term bullish trend of the stock’s price remains relatively strong.
· Trading implication: generally considered positive in terms of both trade entry and holding.
· The closing price is below the lower limit of the 13-week MA envelope (i.e. less than 13-week moving average price - 3%). This indicates that the short-term bullish trend is weakening, and will ultimately result in a Bearish Crossover M unless the stock’s price can recover above the 13-week MA envelope.
· Trading implication: generally still considered positive in terms of holding, although it can be a strong exit signal. At the minimum, this alert calls for a review of the holding.